I never dreamed I’d see the day when a drug company would actually come out and expose the sheer ignorance and stupidity of medical science and its so-called “doctors” the way one has recently. Yes, I said “so-called doctors” because if gastrointerologists actually believe what the company that manufactures Nexium is “teaching” (the real meaning of the word doctor) the public about how to handle and avoid “acid-indigestion,” then they have stopped being doctors and have become drug technicians.
Believe it or not, however, there it was on my television screen a few days ago, before God and everyone, blatantly proclaiming their ignorance, all the while taking us for fools. The “Purple Pill” ad shouted out: “BLOCK THE ACID . . . FROM THE START!” or something to that effect. I couldn’t believe my eyes and ears. Was I actually hearing correctly. Did he say “Block the acid” to avoid “acid-indigestion?!” OMG! It’s come to that! I wonder how many people saw through the fallacy of that ad, and how many of those expensive purple capsules this ad sells on a daily basis. And we wonder why we have so much colon cancer! (I’ll explain.) I have a close relative who actually raves about the wonders of this drug that “shuts off acid pumps” in the stomach. Now the makers of Prilosec are touting the same message.
NOW, LET’S PUT ON OUR THINKING CAPS
How does the stomach digest meat, dairy, eggs, nuts, and grains? Right! With digestive acid — betaine hydrochloride to be exact. Where does this acid come from? Right again! The stomach — the parietal cells lining the stomach wall, to be exact. What causes so-called “acid indigestion?” If you answered “too much acid,” as the ad leads one to believe, you’d be wrong! It’s not too much stomach acid. It’s not enough stomach acid. That’s right. So-called “acid indigestion” is actually “lack-of-acid indigestion.”
The essential condition of indigestion is a failure of the food to digest due to a lack of digestive juices. Now, what happens when the food stops digesting? It ferments. What does fermentation produce? GAS — hot, acidic gas, the kind that makes you burp fire so hot that it burns the stomach and the cardiac valve, making them so limp that the valve can’t close tightly. The result? You guessed it! GERD — Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.
Of course, as medicine will do, they’ve made a “disease” out of this condition so they can treat it with a drug. That’s what they do. They’re drug dealers. They deal in drugs. They don’t teach us, as doctors are supposed to do, how to eat properly so that the food digests as it is designed to do in a stomach that was made to withstand its own secretions of digestive juices – which, by the way, include hydrochloric acid. If fact, they tell you to go ahead and eat what and how you want because you can just block the production of digestive acids with the Purple Pill. Horror of horrors! It doesn’t get any more deplorable than that! It’s a slap to the face of the Creator Himself who made the stomach to produce acid . . . and it’s an insult to our common sense and intelligence.
THE CURE OF INDIGESTION IS . . . DIGESTION!
Now, let’s think this through. The cure for in-digestion is digestion. Isn’t that logical? If the food you ate stops digesting, you need to start up the digestive process again, get it going in the right direction so that the food doesn’t ferment . . . and, to the purpose of eating at all, so that your body can get the nutrients it needs to be healthy. And just how shall you accomplish that? Well, if the food you ate needs hydrochloric acid to digest it, you’re going to have to add more hydrochloric acid to the contents of your stomach. You obviously do not want to block the stomach from making its own betaine hydrochloride — nor neutralize the acid with antacids. Oh, Tums and Rolaids will buffer the acids of fermentation, but they also neutralize the hydrochloric acid needed to digest the meat. So, instead of antacids, you can take some betaine hydrochloride.
I use ZYPAN by Standard Process Labs ($13/90 tabs). It works every time. Actually, I take it with every meal simply because after 45 we make less betaine hydrochloride. And if you’re under stress, you make none at all. People who have chronic stress do not digest their food very well and are usually popping antacids after meals.
Watch this short video clip:
The body isn’t interested in nourishment when it’s geared up to fight or flee from a threat. As Dr. Bruce Lipton points out, we’re either in growth or protection and defense mode. We can’t be in both at the same time.
WHAT ARE SOME CAUSES OF INDIGESTION?
- Eating “fast food” on the run and under the duress of a deadline you have to meet or a tight schedule. Being totally present with your meals, savoring the taste and enjoying the brief break away from your job or routine go a long way toward healthy digestion.
- Combining foods that don’t digest well together. A typical example is meat and potatoes, a protein and a starch. They require opposite chemistry to digest – meats need acid and starches need alkaline digestive juices. Acids and alkalines neutralize one another. The result is that neither digest but sit in the stomach and ferment causing “acid indigestion” and “heart burn.” (It’s not the heart that actually burns but the area of the stomach and esophagus that’s close to the heart.) The rule of thumb for compatible food combining is eat meats with vegetables and fruit with starches. Meats and sweets don’t digest well together.
- Drinking cokes and other sweet beverages with meals. Again, the chemistry doesn’t mix. Drink water with a squeeze of lemon.
- Ulcers. The body is wise. It won’t secrete hydrochloric acid into the stomach when it’s ulcerated. That’s why a bland diet is required. So, you don’t want to take ZYPAN if you have ulcers. First, heal up the ulcer. That can be done in three days with chlorophyll and okra pepsin. CHLOROPHYLL COMPLEX PERLES and GASTREX by Standard Process Labs (SPL) are what I use with my clients. Drop me an email and I’ll send you a bottle of each, which is all you’ll need . . . provided you start eating properly. If you have a duodenal ulcer, you likely have gallbladder trouble, which requires attention and a different nutritional protocol. If you have GERD or a hiatal hernia, you’ll need to supplement with manganese to tone up the valve and herniated tissues. I use LIGAPLEX II (SPL) (150 caps/$25), a wholefood formula with high concentrations of food-based manganese and other synergistic factors for proper utilization in toning up weak ligaments. Write me for guidance and help with these conditions. They can all be corrected with nutrition.
- Eating too fast. Chewing allows activating enzymes of pepsin and ptyalin to mix in with the food. Without these enzymes the digestive juices cannot be activated. Chew your food well before swallowing it . . . and don’t wash it down with coke or sweet beverages. Water with a little ice and lemon juice is the only fluid one needs to clear out the mouth and esophagus.
- Pepsin is the powerful enzyme in gastric juice that activates hydrochloric acid to digest proteins such as those in meat, eggs, grains and seeds, or dairy products.
- Ptyalin is a form of amylase in the saliva of humans and some animals that catalyzes the hydrolysis of starch into maltose and dextrin.
COLON CANCER ALERT
When undigested meat gets into the bowels where nutrients and water are taken up into the blood stream, it gets putrid and rots, creating conditions in which cancer can develop. When undigested fats get into the lower bowels they go rancid. Rotting meat and rancid fats irritate the lining of the intestines causing inflammation that leads to colitis (IBS), diverticulitis, leaky gut syndrome (the underlying cause of many food allergies), crohns disease, even cancer. Safeguard your digestive tract. Eat sensibly. Take digestive enzymes, especially if you’re not eating enough enzyme-rich raw vegetables.
For personal consultation, drop me an email to set up an appointment for a private telephone consultation. If you want the products mentioned in this article, simply drop me an email with your order. (Gastrex is $21 for 90 capsules and Chlorophyll Complex $23 for 60 perles.) I’ll give you a phone number to call with your credit card information. Postage will be added to all orders. Consultation fees are $45 for a half-hour and $65 for an hour. I also offer health coaching for a reasonable fee.
Until my next post, here’s to your health and healing!
Dr. Tony Palombo
Email address: email@example.com
For inspired writing and inspiring reading, visit my Healing Tones blog.
Visit me on the Wed at www.healingandattunement.com.