THINK “OUTSIDE THE BOX” TO FIND ANSWERS
There’s a saying that we will not solve problems by thinking at the same level as the problem. We have to think at a level above that of the problem. This saying is most applicable here. We have to think outside the box of orthodox medicine, wherein the diagnoses of ill conditions originate, in order to find answers. Not the conditions themselves, but the labels we’ve placed on them in medical science. So, let’s step outside this box to take a look at this condition called “fibromyalgia” and see if we can understand it and find solutions for healing.
So far we’ve established that the label of “fibromyalgia” is a “wastebasket” diagnosis, a catch-all for numerous symptoms, primary of which are pain and inflammation. We’ve come to understand that pain and inflammation trigger a healing response in the body, the inflammation itself telling you that you are okay, even with the pain. Nothing is “wrong” with your body. It’s working fine. A healing process is underway. All you can do is support it and try to discover what is inflicting the injury to your cells that’s creating the pain that’s triggering the inflammation and eliminate it.
Inflammation is normal—as long as it doesn’t last a long time where it becomes chronic inflammation, which means the body has accepted it as part of the status-quo and adapted itself to its necessity. . . mainly because the triggers of pain have not been eliminated. When the triggers of pain have been removed, those things that are bringing on the assault to your body’s cells, the necessity for your immune system’s inflammatory response and the subsequent need for a healing process has also been removed. This essentially is what the “cure” of “fibromyalgia” entails.
DEALING WITH THE PAIN
Before you shut off the pain with pain pills, consider this. If you shut off the pain you stand the risk of shutting down the healing process as well. Deal with the triggers of the pain, what is assaulting your body cells and injuring them and making them holler “STOP!” Your body’s healing process may not kick in if the brain isn’t getting the pain signal.
You can deal with the pain using natural solutions that also address the condition and support the healing process. Here are a few you can start applying as you back off your pain medication:
- Boswellia Complex by Medi-Herb, a great anti-inflammatory, especially effective with inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. It comes out of Australia where world-renown master herbalist Kerry Bone developed the very finest line of herbal preparations and brought them here via Standard Process Labs, its affiliate company. It’s a bit pricey at $55.50 for a 90-tablet bottle, but well worth it. Medi-Herb products are only available through licensed health practitioners. I offer my readers a 15% on all Standard Process and Medi-Herb product orders.
- Tuna Omega 3 Oil—Oil, especially fish oil, is nature’s coolant and insulator. Omega 3 oil insulates the cell against oxidation and will cool down inflammation. The quality of the oil is critical as oil easily goes rancid during processing where heat is used. Standard Process takes great care in processing their oils. Their Tuna Omega 3 Oil is the very finest of all fish oils on the market.
- Calamari Omega3 Liquid—A natural anti-inflammatory oil especially effective with joint pains and arthritis.
- Nopalea (“No-pah lay’ uh”)—a tasty wellness drink sourced from the fruit of the Nopal cactus that thrives in the Sonoras Desert of the southwestern U.S. and Mexico. It contains nutrients that can help the body reduce inflammation, detoxify, relieve many types of pain, promote optimal cellular health and energy. You can obtain it from me or order it online at www.sonoranbloom.com/14348092 . ($40 for a 32 oz bottle plus S&H)
- AC Carbamide —another remarkable Standard Process product for dealing with pain caused by acidic body fluids, such as in gouty arthritis, because it acts as a buffer for uric acid. What carbamide actually does is enhance the flow of fluid through the tissue cell walls. Therefore it acts as a natural diuretic which does not leach out Potassium, which pharmaceutical diuretics do. It’s reasonably priced at $18 for 90 capsules and $48 for 270 capsules.
POSSIBLE CAUSES AND TRIGGERS
1. Toxicity: from chemicals and food additives, the most common and offensive one being aspartame, present in all diet drinks. (Click on the word to read my blog post on it.) Get it out of your diet altogether. Use Stevia instead. I use Green Leaf because it doesn’t leave an aftertaste. There’s nothing wrong with raw sugar and honey in moderation, unless you have a weight problem and/or a sugar issue, as sugar and honey do spike insulin. Insulin carries glycogen to cells for energy, which is stored as fat when not burned up by physical exercise. Other food additive, such as preservatives, color and flavor enhancers, are toxins that become “free radicals” in the body. Free radicals are molecules with atoms that need an electron or two to stabilize them. They’ll get what they need from your cell walls, making the cells vulnerable to oxidation and invasion by bacteria and viruses. You can hardly get away from these free radical toxins, but you can protect your cells from damage by consuming food rich in antioxidants and supplementing with fish and wheat germ oils and other antioxidant supplements. * (See footnote below for details and a list of foods.)
2. Food sensitivities: sometimes erroneously called “food allergies.” The most common ones are wheat and corn gluten and dairy. “Gluten Intolerance” is widespread, as evidenced by the increasing number of gluten-free products in the marketplace. It’s the protein in these foods that get into the blood stream through an intestinal wall that has become eroded and “leaky,” as it is often characterized. A “leaky gut” can be the way that undigested proteins get into your blood stream and trigger an inflammatory response. The gut can be repaired.
You can rule out food sensitivities quite simply by eliminating suspect foods from your diet for a couple of weeks and then adding them back in to see how you feel eating them as opposed to how you felt abstaining from them. If you notice a difference, then you can be sure that your intestines are permeable. Eliminate those foods that make you feel bad until your gut is repaired.
The gut can be easily repaired with enzyme therapy and a wonderful herbal product by Medi-Herb, Gut Flora Complex. There’s no fast fix. This takes time, sometimes up to a year, depending on the extent of the erosion. Raw okra provides mucous digesting and tissue repair enzymes. Mucous is made of undigested protein that has become acidic and eats away at the lining of the intestines. Standard Process Labs makes an effective product called Okra Pepsin E3. The Vitamin “E3” part is the healing aspect of this product, so I emphasize the uniqueness of this wholefood formula. Enzyme therapy consists of taking enzymes on an empty stomach so that the enzymes are used up repairing the intestinal wall rather than in digesting foods. Proteolitic enzymes in Multizyme and Zymex II from Standard Process will complete the digestion of the protein in the mucous and digest any parasites, another cause of “leaky gut.” Standard Process and Medi-Herb products are available through my office.
3. Insulin can trigger inflammation if there’s more in the blood stream than the cells of the body can use in a day’s time, a condition called “hyperinsulism.” Cells have receptor sites (parking spots) for insulin molecules to deliver their packages of glycogen (blood sugar) to the cells for energy. When those receptor sites get filled up, the insulin molecules can’t park, so they stay in the blood stream where they can irritate and erode the walls of the blood vessels. This causes inflammation that triggers a healing and repair process to keep the blood vessels from leaking.
The Cholesterol Patch vs Statin Drugs
The body uses fat to plug the leaks until the vessel wall can be properly repaired. Cholesterol is the name given to this fat, and plaque is what the patch is called. With a little critical thinking one can see how by removing the trigger for the excess insulin you remove the necessity for the cholesterol patch and the extra cholesterol production by your liver, which we are not wise in preventing with Statin drugs. The body does not make mistakes and produce cholesterol for no good reason. Adding Statin drugs is an insult to the body’s innate intelligence . . . and it damages the liver and causes leg pains with extended use.
A 30-day Cure for “Type II Diabetes”
Insulin is spiked by sugar and starches, so one can back away from these spikes. By the way, what I’ve just described is what is labeled “type II diabetes” or “insulin-resistance.” This can easily be remedied by abstaining completely from insulin-triggering foods for 30 days: all refined carbohydrates, white rice, pasta, white flour products, Irish potatoes (red new potatoes are okay), sugar, and sweet fruits (red grapes, prunes and plums are okay). This will free up insulin receptor sites on the cells. After 30 days you can resume eating all of these foods—except refined carbohydrates, which should be avoided by everyone. This is simple and doable by anyone with the will and determination to take an active role in one’s healthcare and wellness.
Chromium and Gymnema Sylvestri
Another factor can be a lack of receptor sites due to a deficiency of chromium, a trace mineral used to create insulin receptor sites, found in few foods we consume on a regular basis. It’s in Brewer’s Yeast. It wouldn’t hurt to simply take a chromium supplement, such as Cataplex GTF by Standard Process (the GTF stands for glucose tolerance factor derived from nutritional yeast, a very important distinction to look for in choosing a chromium supplement).
The herb “gymnema sylvestri” is used plentifully in Australia to manage blood sugar, and Medi Herb again comes to the rescue with its product simply called Gymnema. Support to the pancreas is easily administered with the supplement Diaplex by Standard Process. Include some whole food Cataplex B to insure the production of insulin if you are insulin deficient. “Insulin dependence” is another limitation altogether, but then, again, you can control the level of blood sugar with Gymnema and thereby reduce your daily dose of insulin. Do this only with your doctor’s supervision. He may not approve, so you may need to assert your preference and autonomy by saying “I want to do this. Will you help me?” If your doctor will not participate with you, then simply find a doctor who will.
Here, again, it is necessary to be bone honest about how important of a role the label “diabetes” is playing in your life, defining your very sense of self. If your body is having a problem handling sugar, that does not make you a “diabetic.” You are still a human being with a free will and spirit. Why settle for anything less—a medical diagnosis, of all things—for your identity? It does make a difference in your consciousness how you perceive yourself. Here’s where the primary changes can take place in order to change your reality. “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.”
Heal Dis-ease in Consciousness First
Miracles happen when changes occur in consciousness, and one of the limitations in consciousness preventing the “cure” of diabetes and other so-called “incurable diseases” is the very belief that they are entities in themselves and that they are incurable. No disease is incurable! Diabetes, like Fibromyalgia, is not an entity, except in someone’s consciousness, which means that it is an illusion. It doesn’t exist, except as a diagnostic term, a word that describes a condition of deficiency and malfunction in the body. Deficiencies and malfunctions can be corrected. “Diseases” cannot be “cured” because they are not entities in themselves, no more than darkness is something. Darkness is nothing. It’s the absence of something—light! In exactly the same way, disease is nothing. It’s the absence of something—health!
Did you see what I just did? I did a “thought-interrupt”—a flip in perspective— a consciousness update. Did you do it with me? That’s what really counts and what gives this blog its value as an educational medium. Now, I wonder what would happen if we were to remove the illusion of disease from our consciousness? Stopped giving health conditions diagnostic labels? Do you see where we might actually be able to start reading symptoms in terms of deficiencies and malfunctions and understand what we might do to correct them if we were not preoccupied shadow-boxing “disease”?
DETOXIFY, DETOXIFY, DETOXIFY. . . AND MOVE!
I highly recommend a total body detox and purification at least three times during the year, preferably every three months. Standard Process offers a 21-day Purification Product Kit which includes all the products you will need plus a comprehensive guide booklet. Your cells are swimming in their own acidic metabolic waste. Little wonder they hurt. They are in so much pain that they are committing suicide. It’s called “apoptosis” but it’s nonetheless suicide. Dying and decaying cells add to the toxic waste. Lymph glands become congested with too much to handle. Lymph depends on muscle movement for its circulation and pain is making exercise difficult. But just a 20 to 30 minute walk four times a week and preferably every day would suffice.
Write me for the full-body detoxification program and the Purification Kit. It’s very easy to do and absolutely required at the onset of your adventure in restoring your health. You’ll lose ten to twenty pounds as a bonus. Just do it.
We have a little more to cover on possible causes and triggers and this post is already long and dense enough. So, we’ll continue next week and complete this special then return to our Seven Glands for Seven Spirits series. Until then, here’s to your health and healing,
Dr. Anthony Palombo
Visit my HealingTones.org blog for an engaging consideration of “Fourth Density Apocalypse 2012”
Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org for personal attention to your situation. My consultation fee is very reasonable, and product acquisition easy and fast.
*An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules. Oxidation is a chemical reaction that transfers electrons or hydrogen from a substance to an oxidizing agent. Oxidation reactions can produce free radicals. In turn, these radicals can start chain reactions. When the chain reaction occurs in a cell, it can cause damage or death to the cell. Antioxidants terminate these chain reactions by removing free radical intermediates, and inhibit other oxidation reactions. They do this by being oxidized themselves, so antioxidants are often reducing agents such as thiols, ascorbic acid [Vitamin C ], or polyphenols…. For example, honey; most legumes; fruits such as apples, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, pomegranate, cherries, cranberries, grapes, pears, plums, raspberries, aronia berries, and strawberries; and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, celery, onion and parsley are rich in polyphenols. Red wine [resveratrol], dark chocolate, white tea, green tea, olive oil, argan oil, bee pollen and many grains are sources. Ingestion of polyphenols occurs by consuming a wide array of plant foods. (Wikipedia).
78 Countries now visiting my blogs:
ALBANIA, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BAHAMAS, BAHRAIN, BANGLADESH, BARBADOS, BELARUS, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILI, COLOMBIA, CROATIA, CYPRUS, CZECH REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EGYPT, FINLAND, FRANCE, GEORGIA, GERMANY, GREECE, GUATEMALA, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, ICELAND, INDIA, INDONESIA, IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAMAICA, JAPAN, LEBANON, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, KUWAIT, MEXICO, MALAYSIA, MONTENEGRO, THE NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PAKISTAN, PANAMA, PERU, PHILLIPPINES, PORTUGAL, PUERTO RICO, REUNION (Island), ROMANIA, RUSSIAN FEDERATION, SAUDI ARABIA, SERBIA, SPAIN, SINGAPORE, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SYRIAN ARABIA, REPUBLIC OF (SOUTH) KOREA, SRI LANKA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, TANSANIA (UNITED REP. OF TZ), THAILAND, TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, TURKEY, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, UNITED KINGDOM, USA, VENEZUELA, VIET NAM, ZIMBABWE (South Africa)s
Welcome Lebanon! And Bahrain!! And Guatemala!!!