This video need to be seen by everyone to increase awareness of the criminal activity of governmental agencies who are refusing to protect us from disease-infested animal and fish farms. This is a global issue. To read about it on Dr. Mercola’s website rather than watch the hour-long documentary, click on the link below the clip. If you don’t have time, at least read the “Story at-a-glance” below. Pass this vital information on to friends and family. Spread the word. This has to be stopped now.
- Salmon Confidential draws back the curtain to reveal how the Canadian government is covering up the cause behind British Columbia’s rapidly dwindling wild salmon populations: fish farms
- In British Columbia, pacific salmon are an essential species for the ecosystem. They fill hundreds of streams and rivers, feeding hundreds of species, including humans. Since the early 1990’s, salmon numbers have rapidly dwindled, coinciding with the introduction of farmed salmon pens
- Fish farms breed pathogens that can spread like wildfire and contaminate any wild fish swimming past. Wild salmon that died before spawning have tested positive for a number of salmon viruses, including the highly lethal “salmon influenza”
- Farmed fish, purchased in stores around British Columbia have tested positive for at least three lethal fish viruses, including the dreaded ISA virus (aka salmon flu), salmon alpha viruses, and Piscine reovirus, which causes the salmon to have a heart attack, preventing them from swimming upriver
- I recommend buying locally-grown foods, and wild fish only. Fish farms are a breeding ground for disease and toxic waste, and produce fish of inferior quality. Due to the dramatically increased disease risk—a natural side effect of crowding—these animals are further contaminated with drugs, and in the case of salmon, synthetic astaxanthin, which is made from petrochemicals that are not approved for human consumption
To your health,
Dr. Anthony Palombo, DC
Thank you for bringing awareness to this Anthony. I stopped eating farmed salmon years ago. Unfortunately, we have another problem: that being the wild salmon harvested off the BC coast which make their yearly migration all the way to the waters just off Japan. This issue is being kept very quiet but local marine biologists are starting to blow the whistle on it. Radiation levels are in wild salmon are spiking but the Canadian government is turning their head to it all. Although wild salmon is one of my favourite foods and excellent source of Omega, I am sorry to report that I have stopped eating salmon altogether. Sigh…….
Thank you for your comment, Deborah, and for this important information about the rising radiation levels in our salmon. It’s most unfortunate that this has happened. I love salmon. But more than that, I feel for the plight of these most generous fish and offer up a prayer of thanksgiving for the blessing they’ve bestowed upon us.
Thanks for sharing this, Tony.